VET Teachers’ Transversal Skills Competence Assessment System
Although most EU frameworks emphasize the role that VET plays for the economy’s future, almost no effort has been dedicated to identifying VET Teachers’ transversal skills that would allow them to prepare their students for the education-to-work transition. The VETCompass project aims to respond to this problem and contribute to the enhanced quality in VET by developing an assessment framework and tool for the transversal competencies of VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff as well as a toolbox library with targeted resources that will support VET Institutions in promoting the continuous PD of their staff.
Objectives of the project
Project aims to:
- O1: Identify the necessary transversal skills of VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff
- O2: Assess European VET Teacher’s Transversal Skills
- O3: Enhance VET attractiveness by aligning teachers’ skills with today’s imperatives in the field of VET Education
- O4: Empower VET educators targeted continuous professional development.
Expected Main Results
Project aims at producing:
- R1: Framework for the transversal skill assessment of VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff
- R2: State-of-the-art, game-based transversal skill assessment tool
- R3: Transnational Report on European VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff Transversal Skills
- R4: Toolbox Library with 50 targeted tools and resources for the development of VET educators’ transversal skills
- R5: A Roadmap that will support VET Institutions to adopt policies and exploit the VETCompass PRs for the continuous professional development of their staff.
Project activities are grouped into five Work packages:
WP1: Project Management
WP2: Research at an international, European and national level on VET Teacher’s transversal skills, assessment mechanisms, and VET provisions aiming at:
- a. identifying the 10 most valuable transversal skills of VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff,
- b. finding elements from other skill assessment schemes that could be transferred to the project results,
- c. creating the guidelines for the development of the rest of the PRs in alignment with European VET Provisions and Frameworks
WP3: Development of a Transversal Skills Assessment Framework for VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff and Skill Assessment Tool aiming at:
- development of the transversal skill assessment framework and
- development of the Game-based Assessment Tool.
WP4: Piloting of the “VETCompass” Game-based Assessment Tool on VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff aiming at:
- piloting the Game-based Assessment Tool to VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff in project countries
- evaluating the “Game-based Assessment Tool”
- publishing the first “Transnational Report on VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff Transversal Skills”
WP5: Toolbox library and Roadmap for the continuous professional development of the transversal skills of VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff aiming at
- developing and elaborating Toolbox Library for VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff Transversal Skills,
- upskilling VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff on their Transversal Skills,
- creating a Roadmap for VET Institutions on how to capitalize on VETCompass project PRs and establish practices that further empower VET Teachers/Trainers/Staff professional development.
WP6: Dissemination and Exploitation Activities
Funding Programme: Erasmus+, Action Type KA220-VET – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training
Duration: 09/2023 – 09/2026, 36 months
Budget: 46.020,00 €
Countries: Germany, Greece, Italy, Ireland
Project Number: TBA
Latest Project News
Exciting news! We are thrilled to announce a significant achievement – one of our projects has been highlighted in the "𝙑𝙀𝙏 𝙏𝙤𝙤𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜" by Cedefop. Being recognized for our collaborative endeavors to...