Migrant’s Integration into Tourism-Related Professions
Tour2Include aims to establish an innovative approach with the intention to support low-skilled migrants who would like to work in the Tourism Sector to acquire the necessary typical and soft skills
Objectives of the project
The specific Objectives of the Tour2Include Project include:
- To identify the professions/positions where migrants could be better fit
- To support low-skilled migrants in order to acquire the necessary hard and soft/intercultural skills and competencies
- To develop training programmes and materials targeted to the needs of migrants and their tutors.
- To offer better career perspectives to migrants who work or wish to work in the Tourism Sector
- To increase migrants’ employability in the Tourism Sector
- To enhance migrants’ integration into EU societies through their inclusion into the labour market
Expected Main Results
The results described below derive from all project activities.
- Development of a self-assessment tool
- Design of migrants-oriented training materials for the identified tourism-related professions / positions
- Development of an online platform, which will incorporate digital learning materials, lectures, “e-classrooms” and interim and final tests
- Development of two training courses; one for tutors/trainers; the other for low-skilled migrants
- Implementation of two pilot training sessions
- National and Transnational Reports on the status of migrant’s employment in the tourism industry in the respective participating countries produced
- Common methodological approach focusing on typical and intercultural skills required by migrants in the identified tourism-related professions designed
- Self-assessments of migrants working or expiring to work in the tourism industry started
- 14 November 2019: Berlin, Germany, Project Kick-off
- November 2019 – April 2020: Mapping of Tourism related professions where low-skilled migrants are mostly occupied
- National Reports and Transnational Report related to IO 1 can be downloaded here
- 11 June 2020: Due to the COVID 19 the 2nd transnational Meeting was held by Zoom. You can find the press release here
Latest Project News
FAITh Transnational Report Needs Assessment Correlation & RecommendationsThe use of information technologies is nowadays an important condition for the inclusion of all citizens, allowing older individuals to better adapt to technological changes and, in this way,...
Tour2Include: Successful 3-Day Short-Term Joint Staff Training More than 30 trainers and coaches from the three participating project countries exchanged their experiences during a 3-day Short-Term Staff Training held online in July.With regard to the common target...
Education for Roma women: some progress, but still a long road ahead! 2nd Newsletter of our project: Promoting the integration of Roma women (PROMA) Over the past 3 months we conducted research in all the 4 implementing countries. We were interested in finding the...