Securing Data Privacy in the HealthCare Sector
The nature of the healthcare industry’s mission poses unique challenges since cyber-attacks can have ramifications beyond financial loss and breach of privacy. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 which will be directly applicable in all member states by 25 May 2018 requires for healthcare organizations to re-think about their data flows and how they handle and monitor patient data to make sure they are in compliance with the regulation.
At the same time, the expected massive growth of data protection jobs redrives new skills, knowledge and competences from Healthcare employees. As a result, Healthcare Sector is facing the risk of rising skills mismatch between data protection officers/employees across European countries with different occupational profile on skills and competences and most importantly, different level of legislation/integration on data protection.
Objectives of the project
- Developing enhanced regional and cross-regional partnerships to ensure that a sufficient number of healthcare employees and learners receive the right training / education based on current needs
- Connecting educational and vocational training with healthcare industry and organisations in a more systematic and coherent way
- Developing an environment that is going to foster employability of employees in the healthcare sector, providing adequate tools that will better their working conditions and the quality of services provided
- Improving comparability and transfer of skills and competences focusing on-line training of current healthcare employees based on a blended approach, while introducing innovative education/ training initiatives
- Raising awareness and improving the knowledge on patients’ data privacy protection as well as providing concrete information on rising legal aspects
Expected Main Results
The main expected results of the project are:
- A renewed Occupational Profile for DPOs accompanied by a new Skills Chart
- A DPO VET Curriculum accompanied by a Peer Mentoring Scheme
- An Awareness raising Curriculum on Data Protection for current and future employees
- Data Protection and GDPR Learning Resources for learners and wider audiences
- On line Peer Mentoring Toolbox
- Development of effective feedback loops to enhance peer mentoring
- Intellectual Output 1: Designing of two VET Curricula and horizontal data protection training for DPOs and employees in Healthcare sector
- Activity 1.1: Preparation of a learning-outcome based DPO Curriculum & Training course for DPOs in Healthcare sector & trainers
- Activity 1.2: Designing of assessment standards and adaptation of Curricula in Countries’ specific context
- Activity 1.3: Design of an inspiring Peer mentoring toolbox for the support of Healthcare sector peer mentors
- Intellectual Output 2: Piloting of Curricula and Peer mentoring Training Scheme in the Healthcare sector
- Activity 2.1: Testing of a digital platform for the support of peer mentoring within the Healthcare Sector
- Activity 2.2: Piloting of two curricula along with accompanied peer mentoring scheme in Slovenia, Greece, Croatia, Belgium and Cyprus
- Activity 2.3: Development of effective feedback loops and satisfaction survey
- 4 Project Meetings
- 6 Multiplier Events
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ Ka204
Duration: 11/2020 – 10/2022, 24 months
Budget: 192.215 Euro
Countries: Slovenia, Greece, Croatia, Germany, Cyprus, Belgium
Latest Project News
REACT - Kick-off Meeting Call: E+ 226 – Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness in the field of VET with BK-con as Partner. On the 9th of April the Kick-off meeting of the newly awarded project with Partners from Germany, Sweden, Italy, Greece and CyprusDuring...
International Roma Day 2021 The 8th of April is devoted to Europe's largest Ethnic minority. Learn how we contribute to closing the gap between communities Annually, on the 8th of April, we celebrate the International Roma Day, devoted to Europe's largest ethnic...
CUBE Project Awarded Call: E+ 227 – Creativity with BK-con as Applicant. We are very pleased that our application for the increase of entrepreneurial skills in Culture and Creativity has been awarded by the German NA.CUBE desires to help artists to acquire skills and...