pRovidE Social paThways fOr Roma pEople
RESTORE is a two-year project with the main objective to underline the need of fostering civic engagement of Roma adults in their local communities, bringing them closer to EU values and ideas of union and diversity. The following needs are being addressed:
- lack of Roma civic engagement in their local communities,
- the difficulty of Roma adults being provided with upskilling pathways,
- discrimination barriers of local communities towards Roma minorities,
- the gap between low-skilled adult trainers concerning the provision of tailored-made civic training,
- lack of appropriate knowledge regarding the civic educational models that are existing in the EU and can be related to a notable increase in the civic engagement of Roma.
Objectives of the project
- Fostering democratic participation of at least 15 Roma adults (per country) in their local communities.
- Motivating at least 15 Roma adults (per country) to be informed about their rights and responsibilities in their own country of residence.
- Providing Roma adults with the appropriate upskilling pathways related to civic education.
- Offering local communities with at least 15 policy recommendations on how to launch a holistic civic engagement inclusive approach related to Roma’s democratization and local participation.
- Connecting at least 10 European Organizations Roma adults, through the formulation of a training programme related to civic engagement and democratic participation.
Expected Main Results
The results described below derive from all project activities.
- Introduction of an interactive map, which will cover issues related to unity, diversity and cultural heritage, inspiring the target group to get to know European values.
- Incorporation of Role models, who will teach in a way Roma adults how to be adapted to the local environment, as well as helped them in the democratization process.
- The creation of a holistic OER training programme for Roma adults, in view of covering issues related to self-awareness, dialogue and reflection etc.
- The formulation and delivery of a mobile app connected to the OER programme for Roma adults, in view of making it accessible 24 hours a day.
- The identification of civic educational models will guide them in choosing how the training programme will better serve Roma adults.
- The delivery of a support repository will cover civic learning practices and offer extra training resources.
- The evaluation of the training programme resulted in a holistic report of policy recommendations related to the best civic engagement approach towards Roma adults.
The following Activities have been envisaged in the Project:
- P1 Identification of civic educational models for democratic participation of Roma adults
- P2 Design and delivery of an OER capacity building programme tailored to the civic skill gaps of Roma adults: “Social Pathways for civic engagement of Roma adults in the EU”
- P3 Delivery of policy suggestions regarding civic engagement of Roma adults at the EU level
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic Partnership in Adult Education
Duration: 11/2021 – 01/2023, 24 months
Budget: 283.652,00 €
Countries: Greece, Germany, The Republic of North Macedonia, Hungary, Austria
Project Number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-ADU-000029489
Latest Project News
Exciting news! We are thrilled to announce a significant achievement – one of our projects has been highlighted in the "𝙑𝙀𝙏 𝙏𝙤𝙤𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜" by Cedefop. Being recognized for our collaborative endeavors to...