Promoting the integration of Roma women
Roma communities are considered as one of the most socially vulnerable groups at EU wide level, suffering from multiple marginalization risks and being discriminated against by the general public. Roma women usually suffer from what in academic bibliography is called double discrimination: because of their cultural heritage and because they are women. The proposed project (PROMA) focuses on the adult education stream by aiming to foster the integration of Roma women in their local communities through education in the form of practical local programmes, which is the main objective of the project.
Objectives of the project
- O1: Utilizing the competitive advantages and social promoting vehicles of the local context in all 4 implementing countries;
- O2: Building the capacities of formal & non formal educators of Roma women;
- O3: Design & implementation of local pilot programmes aiming at social inclusion of Roma women through education jointly by educators and Roma women.
Expected Main Results
The main expected results of the project are:
- An innovative methodology fostering the social inclusion of Roma women will be introduced, utilizing adult education as vehicle, following a locally-based context and promoting local pilot programmes jointly designed and implemented by Roma women and formal & non formal educators of Roma women
- The capacities of 40 formal & non formal educators of Roma women in the implementing countries will be developed in terms of implementing the developed methodology for the
social inclusion of Roma women
- At least 100 Roma women will have their skills and competences built by participating to the local pilot programmes
- Local pilot programmes aiming at social inclusion of Roma women through education will be implemented jointly by educators and Roma women in the implementing countries
- Intellectual Output 1: Identifying pathways to integration
- Activity 1.1: Research at national level for identifying the specific country contexts and actual needs of Roma women
- Activity 1.2: Identification of best practices at EU level related with the integration of Roma women at local level
- Activity 1.3: Needs’ assessment
- Intellectual Output 2: Development of the capacity building programme for formal and non-formal educators working with Roma women
- Activity 2.1: Design of the training curriculum for formal and non-formal educators providing support to Roma women
- Activity 2.2: Development of a support toolkit on local policies and best practices
- Activity 2.3: Development of the required tools for the delivery of the capacity building programme
- Intellectual Output 3: Pilot delivery of the capacity building programme for formal and non-formal educators supporting Roma women
- Activity 3.1: Training of Trainers
- Activity 3.2: Selection of the participants
- Activity 3.3: Pilot delivery of the capacity building programme
- Activity 3.4: Evaluation – Finalisation of the capacity building curriculum
- Intellectual Output 4: Design and implementation of pilot programmes aiming at the integration of Roma women at local level
- Activity 4.1: Mobilisation of the formal and non-formal educators and selection of the participants to the local pilot programmes
- Activity 4.2: Design and implementation of the local pilot programmes
- Activity 4.3: Evaluation of the local pilot programmes
- 3 Project Meetings
- 4 Multiplier Events
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ Ka204
Duration: 09/2020 – 08/2022, 24 months
Budget: 195.970,00 Euro
Countries: Romania, North Macedonia, Greece, Germany
Latest Project News
International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia On May 17th we celebrate the International Day against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia. This idea was implemented in 2004 to draw the attention to the violence and discrimination experienced by...
Gute Nachrichten! Wir arbeiten an einem neuen Projekt, von dem wir begeistert sind und das wir Ihnen mitteilen möchten: Förderung der Integration von Roma-Frauen (PROMA) 🔈 Über das Projekt: PROMA konzentriert sich auf die Erwachsenenbildung mit dem Ziel, die...
REACT - Kick-off Meeting Call: E+ 226 – Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness in the field of VET with BK-con as Partner. On the 9th of April the Kick-off meeting of the newly awarded project with Partners from Germany, Sweden, Italy, Greece and CyprusDuring...