Bringing mothers back to work
MothersCan is an innovative Adult education program with the overall objective of supporting mothers’ empowerment, professional development, long-term reintegration into the labour market through their empowerment and the acquisition of entrepreneurial competences.
Objectives of the project
Within this context, the Specific Objectives of MothersCan (s.O), are:
s.O1: Encouraging mothers to actively cultivate competencies transferable to their professional environment, through empowering sessions, aligned to the field-specific priority selected.
s.O2: Supporting the creation of entrepreneurial and soft skills development programs and environments for mothers after maternity leave, aligned to the field-specific priority selected.
s.O3: Increase awareness of Hiring Managers for the advantages and positive impact of the incorporation of mothers in working environments, enabling them to support decisions that will favour their return to work, aligned to the horizontal priority selected.
s.O4: Developing a sustainable multi-level partnership allowing for better cooperation between different stakeholders to raise awareness and change views on maternity leave and motherhood within companies, and more mainly in society, aligned to the field-specific priority selected.
Expected Main Results
The Objectives are going to be achieved through concrete results ( R ) produced during the MothersCan implementation period:
R1: An empowerment scheme will be developed, tailored to mothers in or after pregnancy, increasing their self-efficacy, providing them with skills and competencies and supporting them towards their integration into the labour market (WP2).
R2: An awareness-raising and training package for Hiring Managers will be delivered (WP3), enabling them to create more inclusive environments for mothers.
R3: Training courses in the form of OERs to increase entrepreneurial skills tailored to mothers who wish to become self-employed (WP4).
Here are the Workpackages and activities within;
WP2: Empowering women: Development of an empowerment scheme supporting mother’s skills enhancement and return to work
- Design of a designated empowerment scheme adapted to pregnant women and women in early motherhood, in order to increase their self-efficacy and self-confidence that would increase their intention to re-integrate into the labour market
- Delivery of empowerment sessions to beneficiaries, to verify the effectiveness of the empowerment scheme developed.
- Active support of beneficiaries during the integration process, including the interview process, verifying the level to which the MothersCan approach can actually increase the integration of women in early motherhood in the labour market.
- Increase of quality of life, through the social inclusion of pregnant women and mothers in early motherhood in the working life.
WP3: Changing the style package. Development of a training course for Hiring Managers on the benefits of hiring new mothers
- Design of a designated “Changing the style package” where a training course for Hiring Managers on the benefits of hiring mothers in early motherhood is going to be developed.
- Delivery of a blended learning programme to Hiring Managers and other Entrepreneurs will increase the positive view on the added value that can be created with the integration of mothers in early motherhood in the working environment.
- Increase productivity by creating inclusive working environments that will integrate mothers into early motherhood in the working life.
WP4: Offering flexibility. Promoting self-employment of young mothers through the delivery of entrepreneurial skills
- Design designated entrepreneurial and soft skills development programs, offering flexibility to mothers after maternity leave.
- Increase the entrepreneurial skills of beneficiaries (women in pregnancy or in early motherhood) through the delivery of relevant training courses.
- Support beneficiaries during their start-up activities through the provision of incubation support services.
WP5: Capitalization and exploitation of MothersCan Project Results
- Sharing of Project Results with stakeholders and beneficiaries. During the Capitalization events foreseen the following Results will be disseminated: i. To Empowerment scheme supporting mother’s skills enhancement and return to work. ii. Changing the style package which refers to the presentation of the training course for Hiring Managers on the benefits of hiring mothers iii. Flexibility support kit for the promotion of self-employment of mothers through the delivery of entrepreneurial skills
- Ensure transferability, so that Project results are going to be also incorporated by other organizations.
- Include policymakers and decision-makers in adopting supportive measures in favour of women in pregnancy or mothers in early motherhood.
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic Partnership in Adult Education
Duration: 11/2022 – 11/2025, 36 months
Budget: 400.000,00 €
Countries: Greece, Germany, Cyprus, Spain, Romania, Belgium
Project Number: TBA
Latest Project News
ADAPTING WORK-BASED LEARNING TO THE POST-COVID ERA
EMPOWERING RURAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH SOCIAL GREEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING
Dear Friend, dear Partner, Welcome to the 2nd year of TourX! As we just e celebrate the first anniversary of our long journey towards excellence, the activities of TourX have been non-stop for the last 12 months! An incredibly intense ride that involved 22...