Fostering Migrants Employment in The constRUction SecTor
MiTRUST aims to develop and deliver an innovative digital tool with the intention to support migrants who would like to work in the Construction Sector to acquire the necessary language competences, soft skills, and proper behaviours in the construction site.
The project focuses on targeted open and distance learning opportunities which will offer better career perspectives to migrants who want to be transferred to an EU country and to enter the construction industry labour market away from social exclusion and marginalisation. Additionally, access to learning offerings and enhancement of employability is one of the most efficient ways for migrants’ successful Integration into the recipient EU societies.
Objectives of the project
MiTRUST aims to develop and deliver an innovative digital tool to support migrants who want to work in the Construction Sector to acquire the necessary language competencies, soft skills, and proper safety behaviors on the construction site.
According to ILO (2016), migrant workers can be found in considerable numbers in construction domains. According to Eurostat, construction is one of the top 10 principal sectors of employment for migrants in the EU and globally MiTrust project focuses on targeted open-source digital solutions and distance learning opportunities for migrants to enhance better career perspectives for those who are willing to work in an EU country. These learning opportunities will help them to enter the construction industry labor market avoiding social exclusion and marginalization.
Access to learning offerings and enhancement of employability are the most efficient ways for migrants’ successful integration into the recipient EU societies.
Expected Main Results
The main results of the MiTrust project are:
- The analysis of construction sector specialties where migrant workers are mostly needed
- The enhancement of migrants’ foreign language competencies and soft skills
- The increased use of digital tools, multimedia training materials, and Open Educational Recourses in vocational training
- The increment of the attractiveness of the sector to migrant workers via training
- The enhancement of migrants’ employability in the construction sector The fostering of migrants’ social inclusion in EU societies and their active participation in society.
- The reinforcement of synergies between Vocational Training stakeholders, Migrant Associations, and Construction Industries.
MiTRUST will develop tangible deliverables that include:
- A Glossary, an e-linguistic support tool with construction-related terminology
- The development of new “Soft Skills” curricula, targeted the needs of migrants in the construction
- A knowledge database, namely “ConstructionPedia” with multimedia training material for migrant construction workers
- A Self-assessment Tool will be used by migrants themselves as a method to evaluate their current language competencies, soft skills, and behavior demanded on the construction site.
- A new innovative OER platform in the form of integrated software in all partner languages.
Funding Programme: ERASMUS+ KA2 – Cooperation partnerships in vocational education and training
Duration: 11/2022 – 11/2023, 12 months
Budget: 254.068 Euro
Countries: Germany, Cyprus, Greece, Turkey
Project Number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000035643
Latest Project News
Exciting news! We are thrilled to announce a significant achievement – one of our projects has been highlighted in the "𝙑𝙀𝙏 𝙏𝙤𝙤𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙠𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙮 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙨𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙪𝙨𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜" by Cedefop. Being recognized for our collaborative endeavors to...