Establishment of a Comprehensive Mechanism for Preserving Marine Ecosystems and Life
The main goal of the MARINE proposal is to improve the management and operation of marine conservation monitoring labs of the Asian HEIs of Malaysia and India with the utmost target to upgrade the university services offered to both students, staff and society of the targeted areas as all Asian Universities cover a wide range of geographical oceanic environment from the Bay of Bengal and the Saudi Arabia Sea to the Melaka bay and the South China Sea. The standard norm regarding innovation is that it occurs in the academic environment through research and then is disseminated in society as a breakthrough.
Objectives of the project
The specific Objectives of the MARINE Project include:
- Enhanced support to the modernisation, accessibility and internationalisation of Asian HEIs;
- Support provision to the Asian HEIs to address the challenges in terms of upgrade of operations and management of the Institutions as well as the delivery of services to the staff and students
- Enhanced cooperation between the EU and the Asian countries
- Promotion of climate change and environmental protection awareness and understanding.
- Increase of the number of joint research programs to enhance the overall quality of education.
- Create international opportunities for staff exchanges aiming at quality and successful knowledge transfer to professional peers.
The set of objectives that we have identified are realistic and feasible in a regional context as set by the CBHE call while also covering the national context as well as already stated in the National Strategies of both Malaysia and India. Improving and modernize the University services contributes to the three core functions of education, including socialisation, personal development and qualification. Upon this ground we have built our proposed project including smart indicators as well as a monitoring system that will keep track the accomplishment of our objectives.
Expected Main Results
The results described below derive from all project activities.
- Establishment of new advanced and updated marine monitoring labs aligned to each institution needs
- Increased capacity to organise and manage academic exchanges.
- Better academic performance through participation in new joint research activities in marine conservation.
- Improvement of staff performance through knowledge transfer by EU institutes
- Modernisation of international relations services through upgrade services and equipment
- Higher international ranking of the HEIs, due to better performance in terms of research activities.
- Enhanced capacity building activities in a regional and national level via the trained staff in the marine monitoring labs
- Newly developed operation protocols for each of the 4 Marine Monitoring Labs
- Increased marine field research skills and competences of students and educational staff of the Asian HEIs
- Increased of awareness in environmental and climate change
The project includes Activities that have been divided in 7 Working Packages, as follows:
- WP1: Preparation of Training and Monitor
- WP2: Development of Training Material and the Syllabus
- WP3: Training of Trainers – Capacity Building program – Installation of the Labs
- WP4: Operation of the 4 Marine Monitoring Labs & local training
- WP5: Quality assurance and evaluation
- WP6: Dissemination & exploitation
- WP7: Project Management
Additionally, 5 physical PSC meetings are planned to take place (M1, M8, M16, M26, Μ36), each of them lasting for 2 days
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ CBHE
Duration: 01/2021 – 01/2024, 36 months
Budget: 891.296 Euro
Countries: Cyprus, Spain, Malaysia, India, Greece, Germany
- University of Cyprus – Cyprus
- University of Oviedo – Spain
- University Malaysia Terengganu – Malaysia
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – Malaysia
- Andhra University – India
- Adarsh Foundation – India
- Archipelagos, Institute of Marine Conservation – Greece
- Symplexis – Greece
- BK-Consult GmbH – Germany
Latest Project News
TourX – Request for Proposals
CoVEs for the Tourism Industry - TourX (Project Id: 101056184) is a Centre for Vocational Exellence Project, funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOUR-X envisions to create excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the Education providers of the...
Touring – Request for Proposals
Pact for TOURism Skills - Towards a greener and a more digital Tourism Era – TOURing (Project Id: 101087478) is a Forward Looking project funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOURing envisions creating excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the...