Master Degree in Industry 4.0
The project has been awarded with a grant from the European Framework of ERASMUS+ KA2 Capacity Building in the field of Higher Education Programme. InD4.0 aims to deliver an MSc Programme in Industry 4.0 that will be offered by the Higher Education Institutions from Cambodia, Indonesia and Malaysia all belonging to the ASEAN region. In recognizance of the multidisciplinary nature of Industry 4.0, the programme will have an inherent multidisciplinarity combining a range of technological sectors e.g. cyber-physical systems, internet of things and big data analytics with application fields of high importance for the project’s partner countries from both an industrial and economic perspective. The MSc’s structure will thus encompass core courses to provide fundamental technological knowledge of Industry 4.0, which will serve as the foundation for orientation courses that will offer specialization in vertical and horizontal value-creation chains of four key industries, namely Manufacturing, Agriculture, Aquaculture and Pervasive Health.
Objectives of the project
The main project objective is to provide practical solution so as to help closing the gap between industry needs / expectations and educational system outputs, in relation Industry 4.0 in the target countries.
The specific objectives of the project are to:
- Develop new specialized curricula and an innovative MSc programme on Industry 4.0 thus helping build the capacity of the partner countries’(PC) HEIs, improve the level of competences and skills offered, and address the existing absence of a similar programme.
- Establish viable synergies and links with the regional industry (and in particular to the Manufacturing. Agriculture/Aquaculture and Health sectors) in order to address their needs in Industry 4.0 –ready personnel, training needs and enhance the employability of graduates.
- Reinforce the infrastructure of the Programme Countries HEIs by establishing Industry 4.0 Laboratories (I4Ls) that will act as foci for research and innovation in the area thus ensuring that Industry 4.0 education will remain high in the regional priorities agenda for a long time after the project has been completed.
- Reinforce the capacity of the PC HEIs by training their academic staff in the new courses and appropriate delivery methods. This will be achieved by developing a training VLE to support the PC HEIs’ academic staff during and after the project.
- Stimulate greater human connectivity through the exchange of students and staff, which is enabled through global and regional networks, and consortium of higher education institutions.
promote cooperation, exchange of know-how and good practices in the subject area between European Union and PC HEIs.
Expected Main Results
The following tangible results are going to be achieved:
- Organization of 2 study visits to Europe with 45 participants from the 3 Asian Programme Countries.
- At least 45 academic professional, 9 technicians, 9 administrative staff are going to receive training through training workshops and the Ind4.0 VLE.
- 12 new Cources (curricula) of a total of 90 ECTS are going to be designed.
- 3 short professional training courses will be co-designed and created with the engaged industry stakeholders from each of the 3 Programme Countrties.
- A short professional training course will be delivered to 30 professionals per Programme country.
- 9 Ind4.0 Labs will be established in all HEIs with necessary equipment to deliver the MSc and conduct research
- 180 students from the 3 Programme Countries students are goint to attend the Ind4.0 master in the Programme Countries.
- 180 students attending the Master degree will have apprenticeships or Industrial placements with a view to future employability.
Project Activities Include:
- WP1: Identification of similar curricula and needs assessment in the subject area
- WP2: Development of the Ind4.0 MSc Curriculum & VLE
- WP3: Development of educational material, labs infrastructure & Capacity building
- WP4: Accreditation and delivery of the Industry 4.0 MSc Programme
- WP5: Quality Assurance & Monitoring
- WP6: Dissemination and Exploitation
- WP7: Management & Coordination
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ CBHE
Duration: 11/2019 – 10/2022, 30 months
Budget: 999.305,00 Euro
Countries: Malaysia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Greece, Italy, Germany
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM) – Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL) – Malaysia
- University of Heng Samrin Thbongkhmum (UHST) – Cambodia
- University of Battambang (UBB) – Cambodia
- Mean Chey University – Cambodia
- Ministry of Education Youth and Sport (MoEYS) – Cambodia
- Syiah Kuala University – Indonesia
- Universitas Sumatera Utara – Indonesia
- Hellenic Open University (HOU) – Greece
- Università degli Studi Guglielmo Marconi – Italy
- “La Sapienza” University – Italy
- Skybridge Partners – Greece
- Metropolitan College – Greece
- BK-con – Germany
Latest Project News
REACT - Kick-off Meeting Call: E+ 226 – Partnerships for Digital Education Readiness in the field of VET with BK-con as Partner. On the 9th of April the Kick-off meeting of the newly awarded project with Partners from Germany, Sweden, Italy, Greece and CyprusDuring...
International Roma Day 2021 The 8th of April is devoted to Europe's largest Ethnic minority. Learn how we contribute to closing the gap between communities Annually, on the 8th of April, we celebrate the International Roma Day, devoted to Europe's largest ethnic...
CUBE Project Awarded Call: E+ 227 – Creativity with BK-con as Applicant. We are very pleased that our application for the increase of entrepreneurial skills in Culture and Creativity has been awarded by the German NA.CUBE desires to help artists to acquire skills and...