Digital Hackathon Training Events in the Service
of E-Learning Solutions for the post COVID-19 Society
The COVID-19 outbreak has affected all segments of the population and is particularly detrimental to members of those social groups in the most vulnerable situations.
Before the outbreak:
- Digitalisation had great potential for innovation support in Vocational Education and Training (VET) but vocational training’s social and economic contributions have always been under-researched and underappreciated.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) institutions were often seen as simply providing skills rather than having a more extensive role in the innovation ecosystem.
Since the outbreak:
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) is increasingly seen as a driver of innovation and is part of the Lifelong Learning Indicator for the EU Innovation Scoreboard.
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) prepares learners for occupations where creativity is necessary, drives new ideas in business and industry, and helps to close the skills gap.
Objectives of the project
The HACK4SOCIETY project introduces a bottom-up approach and provides VET Professionals and Learners with the floor to propose e-learning modules, training methodologies and techniques, that will create a better learning experience, creating a better e-learning environment.
This is realised through hackathon Events and the preparation of Open Educational Resources (OERs).
HACK4Society will prepare 15 e-learning Training Modules, that will be incorporated into the operation of EVBB (Major European VET Umbrella Organisation), offering them to all VET providers across the EU, especially targeting the smaller institutions.
Expected Main Results
- O1: Reinforce the ability of VET providers to provide high-quality, inclusive digital education.
- O2: Provide new upskilling OERs (15 in total) for VET Professionals.
- O3: Build capacity through bottom-Up approaches based on the hackathon events organised during the project implementation period.
- O4: Develop high-quality digital content, promoting innovative methods and tools for e-teaching and e-learning for the members of EVBB and available for all.
- O5: Promote and deliver networking opportunities among VET providers, achieved through the participation of EVBB.
- O6: Development of tailor-made solutions adaptable at a Regional/Local level.
- Designing Online Hackathon Events Training Toolkit for VET Educator
- Implementation of the Hackathon Events
- Design and delivery of the teacher’s training material
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic Partnership in Adult Education
Duration: 12/2021 – 06/2024, 30 months
Budget: 291.662,00 €
Countries: Italy, Greece, Germany, Cyprus
Project Number: 2021-1-IT01-KA220-VET-000030283
Latest Project News
AgriFood4Future aims to develop vocational training skills and educational programmes that meet the needs of the "agriculture of the future"
Design and delivery of an OER capacity building programme tailored to the civic skill gaps of Roma adults: "Social Pathways for Civic Engagement of Roma adults in the EU"