Feeling SAfe to Transact Online In the Third Age
FAITh aims to prevent and combat the digital marginalization of people 55+ years by enhancing their capacities and building their confidence and trust to use internet and ICT technologies to transact online, as a way to keep them in a state of inclusion and improve their wellbeing. In doing so, the FAITh partnership will deliver an innovative Peer-to-Peer mentoring programme that builds on the principles of motivation and peer support, while engaging the family and care environment and building partnerships with the local community service network and the local market.
Objectives of the project
The objectives of FAITh project include:
- To build the digital skills of people 55+ to undertake a range of online (internet) transactions, while increasing their feeling of trust and safety online.
- To motivate adults 55+ to use internet and online transactions by enlisting the support of ICT competent peers as positive Role Models and training them to act as Digital Mentors.
- To raise the awareness of older people’s family members and carers about their role in integrating digital technologies in the elderly’s everyday life, while educating them on the safe use of online processing systems.
- To raise the awareness and build the capacity of professionals from the local community and market about the digital inclusion needs of older people and effective ways to address them through age-friendly products and services.
- To raise the awareness of older people 55+ about the possibilities and convenience of doing transactions online, while informing policy at local, national and EU level about the need to take measures to keep older generations digitally literate.
Expected Main Results
The main expected results of the project are:
- 4 National Needs Assessment and Specification Reports on the use of ICT by older adults and the role of the family and community environments.
- 1 Transnational / Comparative Needs Assessment & Recommendation Report
- A Good Practice matrix on ICT skills building, peer mentoring, adult learning and volunteering.
- A Training Curriculum on Digital Learning for Older Adults, including ICT use, internet and
- online transactions.
- A game-based online course and training curriculum on Digital Learning for Older Adults, focusing on ICT-enabled/ online transactions.
- An Instructor’s / Digital Mentor’s Guide to support the implementation of the f2f and online digital literacy seminars.
- A Peer-to-Peer Mentoring Programme Guide detailing the implementation guidelines of the relevant programme.
- 4 Training seminars/ sessions for older adults 55+ that will act as the peer Digital Mentors.
- Pilot implementation of the Digital Mentors Programme in Greece, Cyprus, Italy, and Portugal.
- 4 Training seminars for professionals from the local community/ market on the concept of age-friendly environments.
- 4 Info day events for professionals.
- 4 Let’s Brunch events for family/household members and carers.
- 120 sensitization sessions for family/ household members and carers.
- 1 Project website.
- Social media campaign.
- 4 national launch events.
- 1 EU level Digital Mentors tutorial webinar.
- 1 Final international Conference.
- 20 Lobbying and Advocacy meetings with strategic actors and stakeholders.
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ Ka3
Duration: 01/2021 – 01/2023, 24 months
Budget: 493,513.00 Euro
Countries: Belgium, Cyprus, Germany, Greece, Italy, and Portugal
- 50Plus Hellas (Greece)
- Anziani e non solo (Italy)
- Centre for social innovation (Cyprus)
- Santa Casa da Misericórdia da Amadora-SCMA (Portugal)
- Symplexis – Greece
- AGE Platform
- BK Consult GmbH – Germany
Latest Project News
TourX – Request for Proposals
CoVEs for the Tourism Industry - TourX (Project Id: 101056184) is a Centre for Vocational Exellence Project, funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOUR-X envisions to create excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the Education providers of the...
Touring – Request for Proposals
Pact for TOURism Skills - Towards a greener and a more digital Tourism Era – TOURing (Project Id: 101087478) is a Forward Looking project funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOURing envisions creating excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the...