Upskill the VET institutions by training the entrepreneurship office’s staff and VET
The EntreVET Project is focused on fostering of the entrepreneurial spirit among VET students, to improve their integration in the labour market, through the upskilling of VET staff and teachers by improving and updating the operations, the procedures and the practices of the VET institution, in terms of entrepreneurship, based on the creation of a Model Institution.
According to UNESCO-UNEVOC, the introduction of entrepreneurial learning in VET institutions is an effective and practical means of cultivating transferable skills, that are essential and in high-demand, in a constantly changing world. In this context, the European Commission has published the “Entrepreneurship Competence Framework” and has highlighted the value of entrepreneurial competences in the Skills Agenda, so as to raise consensus about entrepreneurship education.
Nevertheless, the VET system is yet to adapt, so as to promote the competences that graduates will need to be equally integrated in the labour market. However, the competence of entrepreneurship, as well as the entrepreneurial readiness among VET graduates is low, as only an average of 32,6% of VET students participate in entrepreneurial learning programmed, that in most cases are not a compulsory part of their studies.
Objectives of the project
• Creation of an open and entrepreneurial environment in VET institutions, which will enable VET students to start business ventures and improve their employment opportunities, within the EU labour market
• Upskilling of VET staff and teachers on key entrepreneurial capacities and competencies, so as for them to transfer their entrepreneurial skillset to VET students, through their practices and working culture
• Boosting the entrepreneurial skills and competencies of VET students
Expected Main Results
The results described below derive from all project activities.
- One (1) Model Institution (available online as an interactive resource) of entrepreneurial capacities, covering the design, development, and updating of Offices of Entrepreneurship of VET institutions
- One (1) Assessment Tool comprised an assessment methodology of the entrepreneurial capacities and a certification scheme for awarding a label of entrepreneurial capacity in VET institutions.
- One (1) Core training curriculum addressed VET staff and teachers on the topic of entrepreneurial behaviour and competencies.
- Two (2) specialized training modules, based on a 2- dimensional approach, each addressed to VET staff teachers.
- One (1) Final Policy Recommendations report, after consultation with stakeholders and policymakers.
- One (1) MOOC platform, for the publishing of the developed OER.
EntreVET will develop tangible deliverables that include:
Result 1: Design and development of an Assessment Tool for the level of entrepreneurial practices with an embedded Certification Scheme
- Activity 1.1: Identification and specification of the core entrepreneurial practices and operations within a VET institution and development of a Model Institution Leading Organization
- Activity 1.2: Design and development of the assessment methodology of the entrepreneurial capacity at a VET institutional level
- Activity 1.3: Design and development of an evaluation mechanism for the current entrepreneurial practices and capacity for VET institutions
- Activity 1.4: Design and development of a certification scheme for the award of a label of entrepreneurial capacity in VET institutions
- Activity 1.5: Design and development of the Assessment tool
Result 2: Design and delivery of the O.E.R. tailored to the entrepreneurial upskilling needs of the VET staff and teachers in VET institutions
- Activity 2.1: Definition of the needs of the VET institutions in terms of the upskilling of staff and teachers, based on the Assessment Tool
- Activity 2.2: Design and development of the Core training curriculum
- Activity 2.3: Preparation of training modules based on a 2-Dimensional approach for VET staff and teachers for an e-portfolio of OER
- Activity 2.4: Design the MOOC platform & upload of the material
Result 3: Delivery of Policy recommendations
- Activity 3.1: Preparation of policy recommendations on the current entrepreneurial practices and needs of VET institutions based on the data of the Assessment tool
- Activity 3.2: Conduction of consultation with stakeholders on the policy recommendations
- Activity 3.3: Development of the final policy recommendations report
- Activity 3.4: Identification of policy stakeholders and conduction of policy roundtables
- 4 Project Meetings
- 4 Multiplier Events
- 1 Learning Teaching Training Activities
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA220
Duration: 11/2021 – 11/2023, 24 months
Countries: Poland, Germany, Greece, Belgium
Latest Project News
The Design and delivery of Open Educational Resources Training Programme is OUT!
The AcTiOn project aims at promoting inclusion and labour market integration of immigrant learners, through the design and delivery of training to VET staff, teachers, and stakeholders as well as to involve more VET education providers and experts, in immigrants'...
TourX – Event with Mystery Tester Group of Brandenburg Hospitality
On Saturday, February 25, 2023, the german TourX-Team and the management team of the Quality Initiative BRANDENBURG HOSPITALITY met with the mystery testers at the Mercure Hotel Potsdam to exchange ideas on the current requirements for quality testing in 2023....
Up-Sailing – Newsletter Issue 2
The Up-Sailing project intends to introduce a holistic methodology that will bridge VET Education and the Maritime/Shipping Industry, promote a green certification system, and contribute to the respective policy dialogue with lessons learned and good practices that...