e-WBL@HoME: Adapting WBL to the post-covid era
The scale of the COVID-19 disruption to technical and vocational education and training (TVET) has been truly astounding. At the same time, the importance of maintaining work-based learning experiences for VET learners remains pertinent as the economic fallout resulting from the public health crisis increases the chance that VET learners may not graduate on time, or will not receive the training foreseen. Therefore, maximizing work-based learning opportunities for VET learners keeps them connected to the labour market —mitigating inequalities emerging during the covid-pandemic.
Within this context, the eWBL@HoME project is re-thinking WBL through the provision of a solid framework for transforming traditional VET schemes into virtual Work Based learning experiences of the highest quality. The changes needed to keep VET placements and WBL attractive in a period where offered placements are shortened require creative and rapid adjustments that allow WBL schemes to continue to be attractive and applicable both during and after the pandemic. These adjustments include solutions such as the design and delivery of virtual WBL programs that are going to replace traditional WBL schemes, providing even better learning experiences for the Learners and added value for the employers who choose to participate and offer virtual WBL placements.
Objectives of the project
The following objectives are being addressed at the e-WBL@Home project:
O1. Increase the visibility and attractiveness of virtual WBL, through the design of a standardized high-quality framework for virtual WBL.
O2. Active support for Employers to re-value WBL and offer virtual WBL placements for VET Learners
O3. Increase learning opportunities for VET learners, accelerating their performance within a virtual WBL placement, enabling the completion of their Practical Training without reducing their learning experience
O4. Upskill Teachers / Mentors / Tutors to support virtual WBL from the design phase to the implementation, up to the completion of the virtual WBL placements.
Expected Main Results
The following results are going to be achieved during and after the e-WBL@Home project:
- Bringing e-WBL@Home: A Framework for Virtual Work-Based Learning. Through the establishment of a Framework for the design and delivery of virtual WBL, the quality of WBL delivery is expected to increase, creating better employment opportunities for the Learners who will have the opportunity to participate in virtual WBL programs.
- Preparation of the Employers Package for Virtual Work-Based Learning: Higher engagement of Employers is going to be achieved, increasing placement opportunities for virtual WBLs.
- Paving the ground for Learners. An e-WBL performance kit for Learners. The VET Learners component is going to increase accessibility to WBL for disadvantaged groups and VET learners that live in rural areas and lack reliable or affordable transportation options
- Creating OER to support e-WBL for VET Teachers / Trainers and Mentors: Teachers and VET Staff are going to gain expertise and perform better in relation to the engagement of employers to offer virtual WBL placements and support of VET learners towards entering and completing virtual WBL.
In e-WBL@Home, the following activities are going to be implemented during the project’s lifecycle:
- Coordination / Implementation activities
- PR1: Bringing e-WBL@Home: A Framework for Virtual Work-Based Learning
- PR2: Preparation of the Employers Package for Virtual Work-Based Learning
- PR3: Paving the ground for Learners. An e-WBL performance kit for Learners
- PR4: Creating OER to support e-WBL for VET Teachers / Trainers and Mentors
- Monitoring and controlling activities
- Information, promotion, and dissemination activities
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Strategic Partnership in VET
Duration: 11/2021 – 11/2024, 36 months
Budget: 323.524,00 €
Countries: Germany, Greece, Italy
Project Number: 2021-1-DE02-KA220-VET-000033363
Latest Project News
TourX – Event with Mystery Tester Group of Brandenburg Hospitality
On Saturday, February 25, 2023, the german TourX-Team and the management team of the Quality Initiative BRANDENBURG HOSPITALITY met with the mystery testers at the Mercure Hotel Potsdam to exchange ideas on the current requirements for quality testing in 2023....
Up-Sailing – Newsletter Issue 2
The Up-Sailing project intends to introduce a holistic methodology that will bridge VET Education and the Maritime/Shipping Industry, promote a green certification system, and contribute to the respective policy dialogue with lessons learned and good practices that...
TourX – Request for Proposals
CoVEs for the Tourism Industry - TourX (Project Id: 101056184) is a Centre for Vocational Exellence Project, funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOUR-X envisions to create excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the Education providers of the...