Development of the Digital Sovereignty Competences of VET teachers and trainers
Digital sovereignty is a new concept in the digital era suggesting that parties should have sovereignty over their own digital data. On an individual level, digital sovereignty demonstrates the capacity of individuals to own their personal data and control its use. Also, individuals demonstrate significant uncertainty about the importance of privacy due to difficulties in evaluating the relevant consequences derived from the intangible nature of the privacy harms. When it comes to VET teachers / trainers and their activities, the aspects of digital sovereignty and data / privacy protection become of even higher importance.
Objectives of the project
The DiSCVET project steps in aiming to develop a new innovative form of training content along with an online simulation platform that will empower VET teachers/trainers throughout Europe to develop and enhance their digital sovereignty and digital security skills as well as to enrich their portfolio with relevant training materials for teaching others on digital security topics.
Expected Main Results
- On an individual level, VET teachers/trainers will improve and enhance their knowledge and the available tools that will help them control and evaluate the use of their personal digital data and history.
- On a societal level, VET teachers/trainers will be enabled to teach and promote safer and more responsible use of digital technology. And this is exactly where the DiSCVET project steps in aiming to develop a new innovative form of training content along with an online simulation platform that will empower VET teachers/trainers throughout Europe to develop and enhance their digital sovereignty and digital security skills as well as to enrich their portfolio with relevant training materials for teaching others on digital security topics.
The following Activities have been envisaged in the Project:
- IO1 – VET teachers/trainers Digital Sovereignty Competences Framework
- IO2 – DiSCVET online platform and training material on Digital Sovereignty Competences
- IO3 – Interactive digital sovereignty simulation exercises
- IO4 – DiSCVET Toolbox for VET teachers/trainers
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Capacity Building in VET
Duration: 03/2021 – 02/2023, 24 months
Budget: 245.510,00 €
Countries: Germany / Italy / Slovenia / Cyprus / Bulgaria
Project Number: 2020-1-DE02-KA226-VET-008261
Latest Project News
TourX – Event with Mystery Tester Group of Brandenburg Hospitality
On Saturday, February 25, 2023, the german TourX-Team and the management team of the Quality Initiative BRANDENBURG HOSPITALITY met with the mystery testers at the Mercure Hotel Potsdam to exchange ideas on the current requirements for quality testing in 2023....
Up-Sailing – Newsletter Issue 2
The Up-Sailing project intends to introduce a holistic methodology that will bridge VET Education and the Maritime/Shipping Industry, promote a green certification system, and contribute to the respective policy dialogue with lessons learned and good practices that...
TourX – Request for Proposals
CoVEs for the Tourism Industry - TourX (Project Id: 101056184) is a Centre for Vocational Exellence Project, funded under the Erasmus+ programme. TOUR-X envisions to create excellence in Tourism through a bottom-up approach where the Education providers of the...