Development of the Digital Sovereignty Competences of VET teachers and trainers
Digital sovereignty is a new concept in the digital era suggesting that parties should have sovereignty over their own digital data. On an individual level, digital sovereignty demonstrates the capacity of individuals to own their personal data and control its use. Also, individuals demonstrate significant uncertainty about the importance of privacy due to difficulties in evaluating the relevant consequences derived from the intangible nature of the privacy harms. When it comes to VET teachers / trainers and their activities, the aspects of digital sovereignty and data / privacy protection become of even higher importance.
Objectives of the project
The DiSCVET project steps in aiming to develop a new innovative form of training content along with an online simulation platform that will empower VET teachers/trainers throughout Europe to develop and enhance their digital sovereignty and digital security skills as well as to enrich their portfolio with relevant training materials for teaching others on digital security topics.
Expected Main Results
- On an individual level, VET teachers/trainers will improve and enhance their knowledge and the available tools that will help them control and evaluate the use of their personal digital data and history.
- On a societal level, VET teachers/trainers will be enabled to teach and promote safer and more responsible use of digital technology. And this is exactly where the DiSCVET project steps in aiming to develop a new innovative form of training content along with an online simulation platform that will empower VET teachers/trainers throughout Europe to develop and enhance their digital sovereignty and digital security skills as well as to enrich their portfolio with relevant training materials for teaching others on digital security topics.
The following Activities have been envisaged in the Project:
- IO1 – VET teachers/trainers Digital Sovereignty Competences Framework
- IO2 – DiSCVET online platform and training material on Digital Sovereignty Competences
- IO3 – Interactive digital sovereignty simulation exercises
- IO4 – DiSCVET Toolbox for VET teachers/trainers
Funding Programme: Erasmus+ KA2 – Capacity Building in VET
Duration: 03/2021 – 02/2023, 24 months
Budget: 245.510,00 €
Countries: Germany / Italy / Slovenia / Cyprus / Bulgaria
Project Number: 2020-1-DE02-KA226-VET-008261
Latest Project News
ADAPTING WORK-BASED LEARNING TO THE POST-COVID ERA
EMPOWERING RURAL DEVELOPMENT THROUGH SOCIAL GREEN ENTREPRENEURSHIP TRAINING
Dear Friend, dear Partner, Welcome to the 2nd year of TourX! As we just e celebrate the first anniversary of our long journey towards excellence, the activities of TourX have been non-stop for the last 12 months! An incredibly intense ride that involved 22...